Welcome to the IRRP!
If you’ve discovered this website, it is likely because you found out that one of your teeth has internal resorption and are looking for additional information. There are better resources that define internal resorption (see here and here). This site is focused on uncovering the cause. As your doctor may have told you, the cause of internal resorption is currently unknown in the vast majority of cases. And yet, once a relatively rare occurrence, there has been an alarming increase in the number of internal resorption cases recently. This site was created as a way to anonymously collect data from as many people affected by internal resorption as possible to determine if there are any common threads or trends that may help determine the cause. By completing a brief and anonymous questionnaire, your responses will added to the database for correlation and analysis.
Background and Why This Project Was Created
Over the past few years, two of my teeth have been affected by internal resorption. I was dismayed by the fact that the cause is still unknown despite the recent increase in cases. So I decided to take action and create this website with a “crowd sourcing” and “strength in numbers” approach. I’m hoping that together, through the analysis of our collective data submitted via the questionnaire, we can shed some light on what’s causing this disease. To be clear, I am not a doctor nor do I even work in the medical field (although I do work on research unrelated to health care); I am just someone affected by this disease of unknown origin who decided to take action.
A secure and anonymous questionnaire was designed to collect data about individuals with internal resorption to determine if a common cause can be found. Responses are confidential and do not require personally identifiable information.
- 2017-01-12: New year, new website! A discussion section has been enabled at the bottom of this page.
- 2017-01-12: 717 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2016-01-05: 504 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2015-10-01: 443 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2015-07-01: 377 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2015-04-01: 308 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2015-02-10: 264 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2015-01-06: 227 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-11-14: 188 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-10-05: 157 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-08-14: 124 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-07-17: 106 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-06-10: 81 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-05-05: 52 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-04-04: 29 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-03-11: 15 questionnaire responses received so far
- 2014-02-15: InternalResorption.com officially launched
For your convenience, you can sign up to receive project updates via email here. If you have anything to share about internal resorption or would like to get in touch for any other reason, please don’t hesitate to do so using the contact form.
This site is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment, or services to you or to any other individual. Through this site and linkages to other sites, Internal Resorption Research Project provides general content for informational purposes only. The information provided in this site, or through linkages to other sites, is not a substitute for medical or professional care and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment. Please consult your health care provider before making any health care decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. Internal Resorption Research Project expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any loss, injury, or any damages whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site. Internal Resorption Research Project does not endorse specifically any test, treatment, or procedure mentioned on the site. By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions, which may from time to time be changed or supplemented by Internal Resorption Research Project. If you do not agree to the foregoing terms and conditions, you should not enter this site.